Indian Air Force invites Indian citizens (Men and Women) to be part of this elite force as Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. Online examination will be conducted on 16 Feb 19 and 17 Feb 19 for AFCAT exam. Interested and eligible candidates may apply online before last date.
Candidates please go through detailed notification before applying online for the posts.
|Name of the Organization||Indian Air Force|
|Type of Organization||Central Government|
|Pay Scale||Rs :63,000+ pm|
|Mode of Application||online|
Ground Duty (Technical): 80
Ground Duty (NonTechnical): 58
- Minimum of 60% marks each in Maths & Physics at 10+2 level.
- Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks or equivalent OR BE/B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Final Year students are also eligible to apply, provided they do not have any backlog at the time of AFSB Testing and produce Degree certificate issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement.
Ground Duty (Non Technical):
- ADMINISTRATION BRANCH: Graduate Degree (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- ACCOUNTS BRANCH: B.Com degree (minimum three year degree course) from a recognised university with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- LOGISTICS BRANCH:Graduate Degree (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- EDUCATION BRANCH: MA/M.Sc degree in English/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ International Relations/ International Studies/ Defence Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ MBA/ MCA/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relations with minimum 50 % marks in aggregate in all papers put together in Post-Graduation (minimum two years programme) and 60% marks in Graduation (both recognised by UGC/Competent Accreditation Authority)
- METEOROLOGY BRANCH:Post Graduation Degree in any science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Applications/ Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology & Environment/ Geo-physics/ Environmental Biology. All candidates should have scored a minimum 50% marks in aggregate in all papers of Post Graduation put together (provided Maths & Physics were studied at Graduation level with a minimum of 55% marks in both).
Ground Duty (Technical):
- Engineering degree
What is the Age limit?
- Minimum Age: 20 Years
- Maximum Age: 24 Years
- Candidates born between 02-01-1996 to 01-01-2000 (both dates inclusive)
- Minimum Age: 20 Years
- Maximum Age: 26 Years
- Candidates born between 02-01-1994 to 01-01-2000 (both dates inclusive).
Even before you are commissioned as an officer in the Indian Air Force, a stipend of Rs. 56,200 will be paid once you are in the final year of training.
This is the latest breakdown of AFCAT salary for a commissioned officer (Per Month)
- Pay in pay band (same for Flying,Technical and Ground duty): Rs. 15,600
- Grade Pay: Rs. 5,400
- Military service pay: Rs. 6000
- Dearness Allowance @ 107 percent: Rs. 28,890
- Kit Maintenance Allowance: Rs. 500
In short, the monthly AFACT payscale of the officers would be:
|Flying branch||Rs. 74,264|
Various allowances are extra.
All category (except NCC entry) :250/-
NCC Special entry: No Fee
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply online through the official sites before the last date.
- Availability of online application form :1st December 2018
- Last date for applying online: 30th December 2018
- Admit Card availability:1st February 2019
- Entrance Exam date: 16th & 17th February 2019