INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (IIT) Madras has released a recruitment notification for the post of Assistant professor (AP) & Professor (prof).Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before 16-11-2018.
Candidates please go through detailed notification before apply online.
|Name of the Organization||INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (IIT) Madras|
|Type of Organization||Central Government|
|Total Vacancies||Not mentioned|
|Pay Scale||Rs 70,900- 219451|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Assistant professor (AP) & Professor (prof)
- Aerospace Engineering:AP
- Applied Mechanics:AP; PROF
- Biotechnology :AP; PROF
- Chemical Engineering :AP; PROF
- Civil Engineering:AP; PROF
- Computer Science & Engg:AP; PROF
- Electrical Engineering: AP; PROF
- Engineering Design:AP; PROF
- Humanities & Social Sciences :AP; PROF
- Management Studies :PROF
- Mathematics: PROF
- Mechanical Engineering: AP; PROF
- Ocean Engineering: AP; PROF
- Physics :PROF
- PhD., with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout
- Assistant professor (Grade II & Grade I): Candidates with Ph.D but with less than three years of experience may be put on tenure track for the post of Assistant Professor (Grade II). Candidates with at least 3 years industrial/ research / teaching experience excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D may be considered for the post of Assistant Professor (Grade I).
- Professor: Candidates with at least 10 years industrial / research / teaching experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution / institutions of comparable standards
What is the age limit?
Candidates preferably should be below 35 years of age
- Assistant professor (Grade II): 7th CPC Pay Level 10, Minimum Pay: ₹ 70900/-
- Assistant professor (Grade I): 7th CPC Pay Level 12, Minimum Pay: ₹ 101500/-
- Professor: 7th CPC Pay Level 14A, Minimum Pay: ₹ 159100/-
Selection will be made on the basis of Interview
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online Through official website and signed copy of the data sheet (only) has to be sent by e-mail/post to
Dean (Administration) IIT Madras Chennai 600 036. ([email protected]) . The completed application materials should be uploaded on or before November 16, 2018 / 05.00 PM.
- Last date for apply online:16-11-2018